Terms and Conditions for the Safety Measures required in the context of the COVID-19 Pandemic
amending the Terms and Conditions for Ticket Sales of Austrian Federal Theatres
and the Terms and Conditions for Sale-or-Return Business
until further notice
For the purchase of tickets of Austrian Federal Theatres, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail over the Terms and Conditions for Ticket Sales and the Terms and Conditions for Sale-or-Return Business only in those cases where they deviate. In all other respects, the afore-mentioned Terms and Conditions shall remain in effect.
The Terms and Conditions for the Safety Measures required in the context of the COVID-19 Pandemic reflect the status as of the date listed below. Due to official or other requirements after this date, the conditions for ticket sales and performance attendance may change on an ongoing basis. If possible, the theatre houses of Austrian Federal Theatres will inform you of such changes. In any case, it is your own responsibility to inform yourself about the latest developments on the websites of the theatre houses (wiener-staatsoper.at, burgtheater.at, volksoper.at).
2. Safety measures
Austrian Federal Theatres are aware of their responsibility when organising their events; all requirements of the federal government and the municipality of the City of Vienna for hosting events are implemented in compliance with the prevention concept for the containment of the COVID-19 pandemic approved by the health authorities. Please note that more stringent measures and/or procedures than those prescribed by current federal or provincial legislation may apply in some cases due to internal requirements of Austrian Federal Theatres.
For each theatre house of Austrian Federal Theatres, management has appointed a designated COVID-19 officer to ensure com¬pliance with the prevention concept.
The prevention concept also includes safety measures for the audience, which must be ob-served without exception. Cooperation of the audience in complying with the safety measures is absolutely essential. Non-compliance with these safety regulations may, if necessary, lead to the persons concerned being denied admission or requested to leave the venue. In such a case, the ticket price will not be refunded.
Visitors are reminded that any admission times printed on the tickets, as well as entrance and lounge areas, must be observed and adhered to.
An FFP2 mask without a valve or a mask certified according to an equivalent or higher standard must be worn indoors in all customer service areas of the Federal Theatres box offices.
Children under the age of six are not required to wear a mask; children aged 6 to 14 may wear a face mask covering mouth and nose instead of an FFP2 mask.
During performances and events subject to the so-called 2G rule (i.e. attendance is permitted only for those who are fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19), it is generally not required to wear a mask. However, wearing a mask on a voluntary basis helps ensure a higher level of safety for all persons present.
Additional safety regulations (e.g. as regards mask requirements) may be adopted for special event formats (mobile opera for children, ballet open class, etc.).
The ushers have orders to instruct the audience on adequate behaviour and ensure com-pliance with the safety regulations.
Austrian Federal Theatres do not accept any liability for infections or resultant consequential damage. This does not apply to infections caused by gross negligence of staff employed by Austrian Federal Theatres at the performance venues.
Attending performances and your stay in the venues are at your own risk!
3. Admission requirements
Unless an exception applies (see further down,) you will only be admitted to the event if you submit proof of a low epidemiological risk in accordance with the 2G rule “vaccinated” (vaccination certificate) or “recovered” (certificate of recovery, official notice of self-isolation).
Exception from the 2G requirement:
- Children up to 6 years of age do not need any proof to access the theatre houses of Austrian Federal Theatres.
- For children from their 6th birthday until three months after their 12th birthday, the 3G rule applies in all venues of Austrian Federal Theatres, i.e. "vaccinated" (vaccination certificate), "recovered" (recovery certificate, certificate of self-isolation) or "tested" (PCR test not older than 72 hours - or antigen test not older than 48 hours)
For this age group, the school pass ("Ninja Pass") is valid as proof during the week in which all scheduled tests per school week are fully recorded – including on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Performances at Kasino, Vestibül and Kulturhaus Brotfabrik:
For school-age children from the age of three months after their 12th birthday (up to 15 years), the 2.5G rule applies, i.e. "vaccinated" (vaccination certificate), "recovered" (recovery certificate, certificate of self-isolation) or "tested" (PCR test not older than 48 hours). The "Ninja Pass" is valid during the week, but not over the whole weekend.
- The obligation to present a 2G certificate does not apply to visitors who do not have a vaccination or convalescence certificate and cannot be vaccinated for health reasons. In such cases, proof from an authorised body of a negative PCR test, which must not be older than 48 hours, must be presented together with a medical certificate issued by a doctor authorised to practise independently in Austria or the EEA.
The following is deemed as valid 2G proof:
- A certificate of recovery is valid for 180 days.
- A medical certificate after having recovered from a SARS-CoV-2 infection is valid for 180 days. This must have been evidenced by a molecular biological test (e.g. PCR test).
- An official notice of self-isolation is also valid for 180 days.
The EU-compliant vaccination certificate, the yellow vaccination certificate, a vaccination card and a printout or a PDF (e.g. on a mobile phone) of the data from the digital vaccination certificate are valid as proof of vaccination. The vaccination must have been carried out with a centrally approved vaccine (currently BioNTech/Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Janssen Pharmaceutica NV).
- Immunisation by two partial vaccinations:
- After having received the second vaccination, the validity of the vaccination certificate is 360 days and at least 14 days must have elapsed between the two vaccinations.
- From 6 December 2021, the validity of this vaccination certificate is 270 days.
- Immunisation by one vaccination:
- From day 22 after vaccination with a single-dose SARS-CoV-2 vaccine approved by the EMA, proof of vaccination is valid for 270 days.
- Immunisation by vaccination of recovered persons:
- Provided that a positive molecular biological test for SARS-CoV-2 was available at least 21 days prior to vaccination or proof of neutralising antibodies is already available at the time of vaccination, the proof of vaccination is already valid for 360 days from the time of first vaccination with an EMA-approved vaccine against SARS-CoV-2.
- From 6 December, the validity of this proof of vaccination is 270 days.
- Further vaccinations ("3rd dose"):
- After receiving another vaccination, the validity period of the vaccination certificate is again 360 days. At least 14 days must have elapsed between this vaccination and an immunisation where only one vaccination is scheduled. For all other vaccination schedules, at least 120 days must have elapsed.
- As of 6 December 2021, the validity of this vaccination certificate is 270 days.
- Proof for visitors who have only received one dose of the Covid vaccination (incomplete vaccination) only for performances at Kasino, Vestibül and Kulturhaus Brotfabrik:
- For visitors of performances in the aforementioned venues who have received the 1st dose but not yet the 2nd dose of the Covid vaccination, a transition period until 6 December 2021 applies.
- In such cases, proof of vaccination via the 1st dose together with a valid PCR test (48 hours) will count as valid 2G proof (not shown in the "Green Pass").
Proof must be presented to the ushers in digital form (e.g. Green Pass or pdf) or in paper form together with an official photo ID (in the case of a "corona test pass" issued by an Austrian school, a student ID, free public transport card or similar is sufficient) upon entering the building and without being asked to do so, and must be kept ready for the duration of the stay in the venue.
Proof must be submitted in Latin letters in German or in English or in the form of a certificate pursuant to section 4b(1) of the Epidemics Act 1950 (Epidemiegesetz) as amended (e.g. Green Pass).
Certificates of neutralizing antibodies are not considered as a valid 2G proof.
For test certificates to be admissible they have to be issued by an official body (e.g. testing centre, pharmacy, “Wien Gurgelt” platform. So-called living room tests are not valid proof.
4. Personalisation of tickets
All tickets will be personalised without exception and the name of each visitor will be printed on the ticket to enable rapid tracing in case of a suspected infection. Please make sure that, when you purchase tickets for other visitors, you are allowed to provide their contact details.
Tickets will not be sold to unnamed visitors!
When purchasing tickets, a telephone number and, if available, an email address of each visitor must be disclosed in case the authorities need to contact you. Data such collected will be shared only by official request.
Only the person named on the ticket will be allowed to enter and attend the event. An official photo ID must be presented to the ushers upon entering the building and without being asked to do so.
Tickets may not be passed on to third parties unless the printed name is updated. In the case of print@home tickets, you can update the personalisation yourself online (on the website of the respective theatre house, i.e. wiener-staatsoper.at, burgtheater.at or volksoper.at, or on culturall.com). Updating at the Federal Theatres box offices is possible up to 24 hours prior to the performance at the latest.
The resale of tickets for commercial purposes is prohibited without the organiser's approval. In the event of approved commercial resales, Austrian Federal Theatres must be provided with the name, telephone number and seat of each visitor.
Seats will be assigned in compliance with the legal provisions in force. Assigned seats must be strictly adhered to. The theatre houses of Austrian Federal Theatres reserve the right, for organisational reasons, to provide seats in the same category other than those indicated on the ticket. The instructions of the ushers must be complied with at all times.
No standing room may be offered until further notice.
If a sale-or-return system has been set up, only the entire transaction, but not individual tickets, can be returned for sale.
7. Special rules for returned tickets
Should individual customers be unable to attend a performance in the wake of measures imposed by the authorities in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic, the ticket price will be refunded upon presentation of official proof no later than one day prior to the performance.
Procedure in case of travel warnings
Pursuant to the Terms and Conditions for Ticket Sales of Austrian Federal Theatres and section 18 para 1 subpara 10 of the Distance and Off-Premises Contracts Act (FAGG, Fern- und Auswärtsgeschäfte-Gesetz), customers generally have no right of withdrawal when purchasing tickets. Individual customers may nevertheless cancel tickets if they submit a request no earlier than 14 days and no later than 24 hours prior to the start of the relevant event, in which they provide proof or credibly demonstrate that the following conditions are met:
- the customer resides in a state outside of Austria at the time of making the request, and
- b) at the time of making the request, the state in which the customer resides has an official level 5 (warning against travelling to Vienna) or level 6 (warning against travelling to Austria in general) travel warning in place.
If all conditions are met, the ticket price is refunded to the customer (unless the customer is a reseller) using the original method of payment or another method of payment to be specified.
Resellers will receive a voucher equivalent to the ticket price if they provide proof that the conditions under a) and b) apply to their customers.
For tickets which are cancelled earlier than 14 days prior to the performance date or later than one day prior to the performance date, there is no right to a refund or credit. Furthermore, there is no right to reimbursement of expenses, such as travel costs or similar.
Procedure in the case of tickets purchased on or before 22 September 2021 for future performances
Persons who have not been vaccinated or have not recovered from a previous COVID-19 infection (i.e. who do not meet the admission requirements defined in section 3) and purchased their tickets for future performances on or before 22 September 2021 may return the purchased original tickets for a voucher at the Federal Theatres box offices up to 24 hours prior to the start of the performance.
8. Changes of cast and programme
COVID-19-related cast, programme and start time changes do not entitle ticket buyers to return their tickets. In case of changes, ticket buyers will be informed by the theatre houses of Austrian Federal Theatres to the extent possible.
9. Cancellation of performances
If a performance must be cancelled due to COVID-19, customers will be refunded the ticket price in full or – if an event has to be ended prematurely – on a pro-rata basis. The ticket price may also be refunded in the form of vouchers. Further claims shall be excluded in any case.
12 November 2021